The City of Kamloops has contracted BA Dawson Blacktop Ltd. to perform beautification and roadwork/infrastructure upgrades to include utility work, sidewalk installation, and construction of a multi-use pathway on Tranquille Road just south of the Kamloops BC SPCA to Crestline Street. We are advising residents, businesses, and commuters that this work is scheduled to begin on June 19, 2023.
Scope of Work
- Road works will include a combination of full depth reconstruction and milling, with new asphalt throughout the project area;
- Watermain work;
- Construction of swales to improve drainage;
- Construction of sidewalk on the north and east sides of Tranquille Road;
- Construction of 3 m wide multi-use pathway on the south and west sides of Tranquille Road to connect to the new Fulton Field Park*;
- Shaw and Telus communications infrastructure to be undergrounded, with Hydro to remain on existing poles.
*Construction of Fulton Field Park will commence at the same time with anticipated completion in Fall 2023.
RED line delineates roadwork; BLUE line delineates multi-use pathway
Traffic will be single lane alternating through the construction zone. Please plan accordingly and expect delays. Exercise caution in the construction zone and obey all traffic control signage and personnel.
Throughout the construction period, vibratory compaction equipment may be in use; therefore, any fragile items should be packaged or protected from damage due to vibration. There may also be noise disruption due to equipment on site.
Garbage collection will not be affected.