Proof of Vaccination Required at Some City Facilities Affected by Provincial Health Order
By order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is now required to access some events, services, and businesses across the province. Starting September 13, the public must show their BC Vaccine Card and government-issued identification to access some City of Kamloops facilities and to participate in some recreation programs and cultural events.
City facilities that do not require the public to provide proof of vaccination include City Hall (7 Victoria Street West), Civic Operations Centre (955 Concordia Way), Human Resources/Development and Engineering (105 Seymour Street), Kamloops Museum & Archives (207 Seymour Street), Community Services Centre (1303 Mission Flats Road), all fire stations, and the RCMP detachments.
City Facilities That Require Proof of Vaccination
- Tournament Capital Centre
- Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre - Fitness Centre only
- All City arenas - Brocklehurst Arena, McArthur Island Sport and Event Centre, Sandman Centre, and Valleyview Arena
- All City community centres—Hal Rogers Activity Centre, Heritage House, Valleyview Community Hall, West Highlands Community Centre, and Yacht Club
Proof of Vaccination is Not Required for:
- Conducting City business such as attending a City meeting, paying a bill, applying for a permit, etc.
- Adults supporting children and youth during recreation and sport programs (parents, coaches, volunteers, etc.)
- Sport and recreation programs for children and youth aged 18 and under
- Aquatic programs and public swimming
Masks are mandatory in all City facilities, and residents are asked to not enter any City facility if they are feeling ill.
For more information on providing proof of vaccination or to obtain the BC Vaccine Card, visit www.Gov.BC.ca/VaccineCard.