City of Kamloops Welcomes Residents Back to Recreation and Fitness Facilities Under Adjusted Public Health Orders
The City of Kamloops would like to provide clarity on the impacts of the updated Provincial Health Orders to recreation and fitness activities at City facilities, as we continue to abide by all orders.
Effective January 20, 2022, fitness facilities and gyms are permitted to open under specific protocols, including reduced occupancy limits, cleaning standards, and requiring proof of vaccination. Proof of full vaccination is required for aged 12 and over to access recreational facilities or to participate in sport and recreation programs, including aquatics.
Recreation, Health, and Wellness
- All gyms and recreation facilities, including the Fieldhouse, are open.
- Select fitness equipment in gyms may be unavailable due to spacing requirements as set out by the Public Health Order.
- Masks are mandatory at all times when not engaged in physical activity, however encouraged while exercising.
- Showers, lockers, and touchless water refill stations are available for use.
- Pre-registration is required for AquaFit and lesson programs.
- Pre-registration is not required for public, lap, or leisure swims.
- In-water lifeguard instruction is delayed until further notice. Instructors will continue to teach lessons from the pool deck.
- Pre-registration is required for public skating, drop-in hockey, and Stick, Puck & Ring.
- Users are to come to the arena dressed ready for play and leave dressed to minimize the amount of time required in the arena.
“We appreciate the public’s patience as we continue to adjust our operations following the Provincial Health Orders,” said Linda Stride, the City’s Recreation, Health and Wellness Supervisor. “We look forward to welcoming our recreational users back and ask residents to allow extra time for themselves and continue to be kind to staff as we work through the updated protocols including confirming proof of vaccination.”
Residents wishing to pre-register for AquaFit or skating activities can register at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind.
For full details on recreation, fitness, and facility restrictions as well as proof of vaccination requirements, please visit Kamloops.ca/ OperationalAdjustments.
Residents are reminded to stay home if they are feeling ill or if they’ve been exposed to COVID-19.